Crockpot Buffalo Chicken is an easy three ingredient slow cooker dinner. Your family will love these amazing chicken sandwiches!
In our house, there is nothing better than a fast and easy slow cooker dinner. We fall back on them all the time in our house. They make busy weeknights a breeze.
Crockpot Buffalo Chicken Sandwiches come together with just three ingredients in the slow cooker. They are creamy, and have the delicious taste of Buffalo sauce without being too spicy for kids to enjoy.
Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Ingredients
Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts: This recipe is easily doubled or tripled with more chicken.
Buffalo Sauce: Buffalo sauce is typically just the combination of hot sauce, butter, and garlic. I usually use a store bought bottle, making this recipe fast.
Ranch Dressing: The ranch dressing in this recipe cuts the heat of the buffalo sauce. Make my homemade ranch salad dressing or use store-bought to make this a three ingredient recipe.
How to Make Crockpot Buffalo Chicken
- Spray your slow cooker with cooking spray.
- Add the chicken breasts.
- Add the buffalo sauce and ranch dressing. Make sure that the sauces are fully combined and chicken is completely coated.
- Cook on low for 3 hours. Shred the chicken and cook for another hour on low.
A lot of recipes using Buffalo sauce have a kick to them. I find that with the ranch dressing mixed in, the spice is minimal in this recipe. This makes for a great family friendly recipe.
This recipe makes three cups of shredded chicken, which works out to 4 to 6 sandwiches, depending on how much chicken you add.
How to Serve Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken
As you can see, I served this crockpot buffalo chicken as sandwiches. It is absolutely delicious on hoagie rolls with some melted cheese and pepper rings. The instructions for that are in the recipe card.
Doubling this Recipe
This is an easy recipe to double or triple. Double or Triple the chicken breasts, and make sure there is enough sauce to easily coat all of the chicken breasts. With more chicken, you will likely need more cooking time, but be careful not to overcook it. An extra hour to hour and a half will be enough for most slow cookers.
Other Slow Cooker Dinners
We love letting our slow cooker do the work. If you do too, check out these other great slow cooker dinners.
- Slow Cooker Tacos: Another 3 ingredient dinner.
- Crockpot Honey BBQ Chicken Drumsticks: Yet another great 3 ingredient dinner.
- Slow Cooker Creamy Chicken Noodle Soup: This recipe is getting great reviews!
If you make this Crockpot Buffalo Chicken recipe or any of my other recipes, please leave me a comment and let me know what you think!
Crockpot Buffalo Chicken
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 12 ounces buffalo sauce
- 1/2 cup ranch dressing
- 6 hoagie rolls
- 6 slices pepper jack cheese
- pepper rings
- Spray the crock pot with cooking spray.
- Add the chicken breasts. Cover with the buffalo sauce and the ranch dressing.
- Cook on low for 3 hours. Remove the chicken and shread. Cook on low for 1 more hour.
- Preheat the broiler of your oven on the low setting.
- Add the shredded chicken to hoagie rolls and top with pepper jack cheese. Butter the other side of the roll.
- Put under broiler for 3 to 5 minutes or until the cheese melts, keeping a close eye on them to prevent them from burning.
- Top with pepper rings and serve!