This Grilled Chicken Capese Flatbread is just about as easy as it comes and packed with delicious flavor! Perfect for weeknight grilling! I’m so excited to be partnering with Gold’n Plump, using their amazing seasoned boneless skinless chicken breast fillets for this recipe!
You guys . . . I think summer *might* be around the corner here in Wisconsin. Every year I’m astounded by how long it actually takes summer to get here, even though it’s exactly.the.same year after year. But this past weekend (oh, you know, just SMACK in the middle of MAY) we finally had consistent warm weather, even though the previous weekend we had snow flurries. #wishiwaskidding
Well, now that we are headed into summer *crosses fingers and says a prayer to Mother Nature* I’m breaking out my grill! I love making dinners on the grill because it really does mean less clean up. So this recipe is made almost entirely on the grill. There is a balsamic glaze to make but you could either make right on the grill or skip entirely and just use some store bought balsamic dressing. I totally won’t tell.
This recipe starts with Gold’n Plump’s Tomato Basil Seasoned Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast Fillets and they are TOTALLY amazing. First, they come in this handy resalable bag and then are individually wrapped, which means that they are perfect for my family. None of the kids can eat a whole chicken breast, so when we have a left over one, it is still packaged perfectly to be used later in the week in a grown up’s lunch.
We’ve had the seasoned chicken breasts on this great Grilled Chicken Caprese Flatbread, but also over salads (perfection) and just whole with some cheesy orzo and roasted veggies on the side. Fun fact: those nights, my kids only wanted to eat the chicken.
They seasoned chicken breasts come in great flavors including Original, Lemon Pepper, Butter & Herb, and this amazing Tomato Basil. Seriously, they are so delicious and easy to work with. There are SO MANY different things you can do with them. And they freeze perfectly. I have a freezer PACKED with them, and I can’t wait to grill them up all summer.
Grilled Chicken Caprese Flabread
- 2 large pieces of naan bread
- 2 Gold'n Plump Tomato Basil Seasoned Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast Fillets
- 1 cup baby spinach washed
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 1/2 cup diced fresh mozzarella
- 1/4 cup chopped basil leaved
- small drizzle of balsamic reduction
- Balsamic Reduction
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 TBSP honey
- To make balsamic reduction, heat the vinegar and honey over low heat, stirring regularly until it reduces to about 1/3 its original amount. It should be thicker and will continue to thicken after it cools.
- Grill the Gold'n Plump Tomato Basil Seasoned Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast Fillets over medium heat, turning half way through until they are fully cooked and have an internal temperature of 165 F. To keep chicken extra juicy, let chicken rest 5 minutes before slicing to top flatbread.
- Grill the naan bread over medium heat for about two minutes on each side. Top each piece of naan with a little spinach, then the tomatoes, the mozzarella, the chicken, and finally the basil and a small drizzle of the balsamic reduction. Cut, serve, and enjoy!